Self-Care for Different Types of Days
No matter what type of mental state you are in, practicing self-care and mindfulness is always beneficial. The more you practice mindfulness on bad mental health days, the more likely you are to function at a higher level in the future. Similarly, the more you take care of yourself on good mental health days, the less likely you are to have significantly negative days. Here are some self-care practices that will help you have a positive future.
Self-Care for Bad Mental Health Days
1. Practice square breathing and deep breaths.
2. Give yourself a break from all technology.
3. Drink a glass of cold water.
4. Take a warm bath or shower.
5. Brush your teeth or use mouthwash.
6. Brush your hair and get it out of your face by tying it up.
7. Open your blinds, curtains or window.
8. Put on relaxing music.
9. Reach out to a friend.
10. Do yoga or stretching.
11. Light a candle.
12. Make a plan to look forward to.
13. Write a list of things to do and check them off one by one.
14. Write out the positives from your day.
15. Change your clothes.
Self-Care for Good Mental Health Days
1. Write a list of things you love about yourself.
2. Go for a walk in nature.
3. Think of 10 things that you’re grateful for.
4. Declutter you’re room or your whole house.
5. Watch the sunrise or sunset.
6. Exfoliate and moisturize your skin.
7. Visit a cute cafe and treat yourself.
8. Make a smoothie or juice.
9. Go to the gym or a fitness class.
10. Write poetry or a short story.
11. Read a book.
12. Listen to an inspirational, uplifting playlist.
13. Do a face mask.
14. Try on outfits that make you feel good about yourself.
15. Create art.
Self-Care to Practice Every Day
1. Make your bed.
2. Drink lots of water.
3. Cleanse your body and face with masks or creams.
4. Practice meditation techniques.
5. Declutter your house.
6. Practice gratitude.
7. Keep a journal of your thoughts and feelings.
8. Give yourself time to relax with no distractions.
9. Slow down and relax close to bed time.
10. Tell your family and friends that you love them.