Self Care for the Holidays
During the holiday season, it can be easy to get overwhelmed with gift shopping, holiday events and family reunions. It is important to not only give to others during the holidays, but to also give back to yourself. Here are some lists of self care practices that you can do to treat yourself.
1. Watch some episodes of your favourite show.
2. Read a good book.
3. Listen to good music or a good podcast.
5. Take a warm bath.
6. Watch a light-hearted holiday movie.
For Your Body:
1. Take a Nap.
2. Get a massage.
3. Do a soothing face mask.
4. Do Yoga or Pilates.
5. Warm comfy clothes up in the dryer and wear them.
6. Stay hydrated.
For Energy and Motivation:
1. Do a workout.
2. Develop a list of New Year's Resolutions.
3. Make a list for the day and feel accomplished when you achieve it.
4. Go for a walk in the cold air with a warm drink.
5. Try to solve a puzzle.
6. Find motivational quotes to inspire you.
For Your Soul:
1. Donate items to a shelter or the food bank for the holidays.
2. Do holiday baking or crafts.
3. Show your gratitude to a loved one.
4. Get a bird feeder or watch wildlife.
5. Volunteer in a soup kitchen for the holidays.
6. Make a holiday treat just for you.