Practicing Single Tasking
By focusing on one single task at a time, we can increase our productivity and efficiency, and decrease our tendency to get overwhelmed. Here are some ways that you can practice tuning your attention to one thing.
1. Eat your meals without checking your phone.
2. When in a car, train or bus, simply focus on your surroundings.
3. When watching a TV show or movie, watch it from start to finish without any distractions.
4. Listen to an album of songs all the way through without skipping the songs.
5. Focus on listening to others while they're speaking instead of focusing on what you're going to say after.
6. Write down your "To Do's" in a notebook and complete them one at a time.
7. Set a morning and night routine and follow it every day.
8. Give yourself designated breaks (10-15 minutes) for thinking and processing your thoughts.
9. Declutter your workspace in preparation for working.
10. Pick one day every week to majorly cut back on technology use.
11. Give yourself designated times to check your emails and notifications.
12. Keep one browser window open at a time on the internet.